Legal remedy against cheque bounce filed as cheque forcefully taken

my distributor forcefully taken a cheque from me without finalized his accounts and claim ,he produce this cheque in bank and bounce it .what can i do in this position?

Answers (3)

257 votes

If you immediate after obtain the said Cheque from you by the said Distributor informed it to the Police Station, then it will be a good defence from your side or, if you can proof that said cheque was issued by you for security purpose, then you take benefit otherwise, there is no case from your side at a glance. But my suggession is to take suggession from your Advocate after receive Demand Notice from the said Distributor without fail.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

269 votes

When your distributor took the cheque from you forcefully then you should have made an intimation to your banker to stop the payment of that cheque.Now before filing a cheque bounce case your distributor will send a legal notice to you to pay the amount,just negotiate with him to avoid further litigation.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
51 votes

The only option left before you is to appear and contest the matter and thereafter first to take bail on the first date so fixed and then only you can take your defence on the date fixed for evidence.for further query you can contact me..

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles