Younger son aggressive and violent. What can i do about him?

I have 2 sons. One 20 year old and one 17 years old. The younger son is very violent on petty issue. Last evening he tried to hurt the elder brother very seriously and grievously. What can we do. I don't want to send either of my son to jail.

i understand you are in a fix. however if the problems have risen to such a level as explained above then i would suggest that you mark a formal complaint to the concerned police station and further you may also bar your younger son from all properties by affixation in local newspaper. further i would suggest you to meet a lawyer face to face and then only you can understand the modalities involved in a better and convenient way.

Kindly try to make him understand that indulging in all such acts may result in police action. Please specify what course of action you want against your son.. Though he is only 17 years old therefore legally it wont be viable to separate him till he attains the age of majority i.e., 18 years.