Will intercaste marriage of Hindu come under special marriage act

If girl and boy both are hindu then inter cast marriage (against parents)comes under special marriage act ? if yes , then what is the procedure ?

Answers (3)

297 votes

It is not so required.........but there is no bar to register the marriage under Special Marriage Act.
First you have to fill up the form in that respect at the office of Marriage Registrar of your area.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

106 votes

Definitely not. If Bride and Bridegroom are hindu no matter with their cast and sub-cast they can marry each other under Hindu Vedik rits and rituals including process of Saptapadi and can make registration of the same with municipal corporation/gram panchayat providing memorandum of marriage with required evidences of marriage.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
344 votes

DEAr if both are hindu than u do not have to follow special marriage process it is only for when girl and both are from different religions so in your case u can register your marraige as per hindu mrg act

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."