Wife issued warrant against non payment of maintenance

My Wife is issued warrant against me for non-payment of Maintenance. She already manage to destroy my career by losing job of me. I have no asset or property and due to Warrants, I am staying long away from my home. A divorce case filed by me is pending.But, my parents are lonely at their house. What further my wife can harass my parents or is there any chances to claim property from my parents?

Answers (3)

160 votes

your wife had appealed to the court u\s 125 crpc by which maintainence had been awarded.when you failed to pay the same Hon,bl court had issued warrent against you.in this circumstances you haveto pay themaintainence to get relief in this situation

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

75 votes

Make payment regularly then file a petition under sec 127 for change or cancellation of allowance, but if you dont pay, you have to go to jail for 1 month each time for each month's failure to pay maintenance

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
179 votes

In my opinion you can defend the case . and if the property is in your father's name then your wife can not claim over the property. And without detail discussion and document review proper consult is not possible.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."