Wife having schizophrenia but not disclosed before marriage

My wife is diagnosed with schezophrenia. her parents has not disclosed any facts and did marriage.. i have found abnormal behaviour after marriage.. after 03 month of marriage, she told entire thing of she was shown to the doctor and diognosed with schezophrenia but treatment was not done by parents. they are now not accepting the fact and asking for divorce and money as well.

Answers (3)

132 votes

After marriage she is your wife n there by your responsibility. At the most you can file a case of cheating n breach of trust. It is however best to settle the matter outside the court. Money in such matters should not be a big thing.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

315 votes

you can file case for nullity of marriage as they hide about the desease like schezophrenia. file the case in family court for declaring this marriage null and viod on the ground of her desease. Find a good lawyer and file a case.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
294 votes

In your case your wife and her parents have not disclosed about the fact of schizophrenia before your marriage therefore it's a ground for you to get divorce from her and you are also not liable to pay the maintenance.
This is a prima facie advise to you better advise can be provided to you after looking to the papers.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."