Wife has filed mutual consent divorce and now filed 498a

Wife has filed police complaint on me and my family saying that iam asking dowry and beating her in mahila police station case saying 498a but before case she has applied for mutual divorce I have done mediation in court only divorce has to be done police are trying to get me in jails what to do

Answers (5)

160 votes

Dear Sir,

This is a clear case of harassment by your wife. please inform the police that the mutual divorce case if filed in he court and there has been a mediation as well in the matter. much can be said only after seeing the mediation reports and the order sheet of the case. make it clear to them that you desire to go through the court proceedings only.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

127 votes

You can file 438 A B bail application regarding and first you get a copy of FIR and you can first get lawyers he cam advices you what can file future we cant tell only in online first you appear any lawyer

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience
287 votes

Please take a anticipatory bail before they proceed to arrest you. It is a cognizable offence, meanwhile ask your advocate to file a writ petition to quash it in the HC and state that the allegations against you is false.

Meanwhile also file a counter petition to contest your case and try to go in for a mutual divorce if your spouse is ready to ease the process mutually

259 votes

We have to discuss with you to protect from 498a case & background details of case as well as police station fir copy details. Don't scare we will take care of u. Pl reach us using sairam Law Associations.

118 votes

Sir firstly file a petition for anticipatory bail bring before the court all the facts of mutual consent divorce filed etc and as per your facts you will easily get bail and hence the fear of getting arrested will be gone and you and your advocate and defend the case smoothly.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi, I have a son his age 6 years old. I want to change my sons birth certificate name because me and my husband got divorced last 3 years back. I am o…

Read More

After filling desertion against my wife (living separately from last 3 nd half years) what time is took to grant divorce by court.Its almost 1 year ju…

Read More

I'm in trouble. I am divorced and my age is 44.i have a relationship with my son which is sexual in nature for last 3 years.He is 25. I told this …

Read More

Sir, my marriage is a forcely marriage. My family does engaged me with my brother's small sister-in-low. But i love someone else and i wanted to e…

Read More