Where can i file a case if parents are harassing me.

Hi I am a freelancer graphic designer and work from home and need peaceful environment from home. Our home was very smoothly run last eight years. But last years I got married and my elder sister ( after my elder sister) who live in Lucknow suggest my mother and father don't trust me and I will not take care of them after married so from last few years she is very deeply mind washing to my mom and father and after that they think I am enemy to them. My wife and I suffering from last years and she is facing bad behavior from my parents side. Because of this my work in not going well from last years. If any small dispute arrive my father don't ask anything to anyone and go to strait and tell to party office and relatives and threaten to me by them. What I will do to stay at my own home. ( home registration between me , bother and father)

Answers (2)

335 votes

Sir, perused your query in details. Sir, what appears apparently from your statements that your parents are harassing you. As such your wife can file a case against your parents under Protection of women from domestic violence act. Please contact for more details.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

190 votes

Kindly ask your wife to write a detailed letter to the police station at your jurisdiction and ask her to file a domestic violence case against your parents barring you, your parents will understand the true value of both of you

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."