What to do in case of mental harassment by father in law

I need a urgent answer right now as my father is a senior citizen and his age is 67 but harass me everyday mentally and abusively and kick me outside the house everyday and night. Have complaint orally in police station they dint took any action him as my whole family supports my father and he is also a senior citizen. So I am still outside the home.

Answers (3)

you have not mention how many years you have completed for you marriage , but still....... you can try approaching local Mahila Aayog Samiti. also you can file DV against your father in law. or else stay separate with your husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If the house is in your father's name and self acquired then he can legally keep you out if the house. In fact if you forcefully try to gain entry he can file civil and criminal case against you.This reply is based on the assumption that you are a male.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

it is clear that you are a victim of domestic violence by your father in law. You will have to approach court under domestic violence act and take immediate reliefs like residence order. What about your husband? Your question is vague about this.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My husband is cheating with me .he has so many girl friends and he used to chat with them all the time.he hide her mobile to me .he send his all activ…

Read More

Sir, I am Hindu. And i was married in 2004.and since then i am tortured mentally by my husband in different ways and for different issues. But i have …

Read More

My Husband is an Indian who has received the British naturalization. Many facts were hidden before marriage such as he has a 13 year old kid in the UK…

Read More

my husband is torturing me by not talking with me often.....he stops talking with me for nothing reasons...and he tells me it is for punishing me....n…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue