What to do if uncle sold grandmothers property without telling her

My uncle took my grandmother all properties and sold it..my grandmother never went to school,my uncle took her fingerprint by saying that they have to make new papers for that land and after that he transferred all properties in his name.before 1 year he sold that land my grandmother don't now regarding that.

Answers (3)

308 votes

For a valid transaction, your grandmother should receive consideration from the buyer, if she has not the care gecomes stronger. Ask your grandmother to fill a suit cancellation of transfer deed on grounds of fraud and mis representation and that the contents of the deed was never read out to her in the language she understand. Also lodge an FIR. Three years is the limitation Period within which the same can be challenge. fraud and mis representation are to be proved by your grand mother, Consult a lawyer

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

169 votes

If you grandmother does not about it then how you have come to know?If your uncle sold that land then before filing a police complaint send me a legal notice asking to pay the amount he received by selling that land within a stipulated time.If he fails to do so then file a police complaint for cheating,criminal breach of trust,criminal misappropriation of property etc.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
288 votes

immediately file an FIR and also file injunction at the earliest so that your relative of your cannot sell or do anything with the property. FIR should be lodged immediately with help of lawyer on grounds of cheating, forgery and fraud.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."