What to do if the in laws are harassing and torturing me

My in laws in doing wrong to me and always harres me every body wants that i leave that house

Answers (3)

Please mentiong your religion from next time, since certain laws are religion specific. You can file a complaint against your in laws and invoke penal provisions of law and also can opt for an application under the PWDV Act. No one can throw you out from your matrimonial house legally.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear friend in the query you have not highlighted your gender, therefore I assume you are a male, please note that there is no specific law applicable to protect the rights of a husband from his in laws. But you can always file a private complaint for harassing or torturing before a magistrate.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer
Nampally, Hyderabad
12 years Experience

You can lodge a FIR to the local police station in this regard against your in laws . And you can file a Domestic Violence case. But in my name opinion without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Me or meri family nhi chahati hai ki meri shadi aise ladki se ho jo mujhe or meri family ko pareshan kare or mere papa bhi nhi islea ab ek ladki hai j…

Read More

I filed 3 Cases agnst my hubby,his sis and his mom...dovry... abortion... physicaly torchrd... now my hsbnd relisd evrythng n said tat we will live se…

Read More

Hi, I would like to know the difference between separation and divorce.My husband has filed separation right after the marriage solemnized last year J…

Read More

I have been in a non arranged marriage for 26 years We live in the US We have two adult children who are just finishing their college . My husband ref…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue