What to do if Mother in law is mentally torturing me

My mother in law is harassing me by using vulgar words, I'm govt. Employee I have purchased home recently.she is staying with us from last 4 yrs but now she got totally changed. I have taken lots of tension by her taunts, hence I told her to go away from my house. My husband is with me but he can't tell her mother to stay in village house.but she doesn't want to stay away from his son. But I can't take her vulgar language anymore. What to do now, pls help me.

Answers (2)

292 votes

You can finally tell her, not to behave, later on inform that you have to take action against her, along with your husband. if she repeats again, give the police complaint under DV Act.
With the police help frighten her.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

162 votes

Law cannot change people. It is only the people concerned who can. However, the remedies available to you is a Petition before the Magistrate under the Domestic Violence Act. If you invoke the provisions of this Act, there would be a shadow casted on your husband also.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."