What to do if Mother in law is mentally torturing me

My mother in law is harassing me by using vulgar words, I'm govt. Employee I have purchased home recently.she is staying with us from last 4 yrs but now she got totally changed. I have taken lots of tension by her taunts, hence I told her to go away from my house. My husband is with me but he can't tell her mother to stay in village house.but she doesn't want to stay away from his son. But I can't take her vulgar language anymore. What to do now, pls help me.

You can finally tell her, not to behave, later on inform that you have to take action against her, along with your husband. if she repeats again, give the police complaint under DV Act.
With the police help frighten her.

Law cannot change people. It is only the people concerned who can. However, the remedies available to you is a Petition before the Magistrate under the Domestic Violence Act. If you invoke the provisions of this Act, there would be a shadow casted on your husband also.