What should I do if my husband mentally tortures me

24-Apr-2023 (In Family Law)
I m married from last 17yrs.I have one 8 yrs old daughter and now i m pregnant in 8th month pregnancy......He is mentally torturing me all these yrs ...he is a womenizer and now not giving enough money for home expenses in spite of his good salary .He is working in merchant navy and earning in lacs and not giving me 10% salary for home expenses nor ready to make any of 4 properties in Joint which he had earned......What can I do ???I don't want to divorce him.....
Answers (3)

Answer #1
738 votes
Send him a legal notice and wait for his reply and if he reply negative then file a case under domestic violence act and ask for monetary relief, protection order, compensation etc.. Contact a lawyer for the same.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
714 votes
You can file DV against your husband and claim for maintainance from him and you need not file divorce petition against your husband if you don't want to give divorce to your can claim your and your kids maintainance.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
861 votes
Madam you have already daughter and now your pregnent of second time. Madam already u gave 17 yrs for this marriatal relation ship ; Divorce is not better option in your case. So i adviced you plz conveince your husband to invest for her daughter education and future expences . You may take help for any head of your family member or relatitive for divert his mind and reminder his duty to take care towards his family. And you also ask him what is his expectations from you ??
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."