What is the process of marriage registration after court marriage

Me and my fiance want to do court marriage and want to know is is required to do the process of marriage registrtion seperatly frm court marrige. And how many days can I apply in advance to get the appointment early

Answers (3)

173 votes

You can register your marriage under Hindu Marriage Act. Here are the procedures:

For Marriage Registration under Hindu Act: You can apply at office of the Sub-Divisional Magistrate in whose jurisdiction the husband or wife resides on any working day.
Fill the Application form duly signed by both husband and wife.
Verification of all the documents is carried out on the date of application and a day is fixed for the appointment and communicated to the parties for registration.
On the said day, both parties, alongwith a Gazetted Officer who attended their marriage, need to be present before the ADM. The Certificate is issued on the same day.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

138 votes

Dear Sir, it depends upon state to state basis, where you want to get the registration done. Since both of you are engaged already , it would be advisable to have a personal discussion with you, then only legal opinion can be provided.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
115 votes

No need for marriage registration after court marriage. Marriage registration is only required when marriage is done by following any other ritual in different religions but when you are doing marriage through court than separate registration is not required.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."