What can i do if facing domestic violence from family

28-Apr-2023 (In Family Law)
As a victim of domestic violence I have been suffering from all sorts of violence those are mentioned under pwdva 2005 and the accused are my parents and brother they are doing severe mental torture to me which is unbearable sir they even threatened me that they could even murder me if I will stay with them or if I will demand any family or ancestral property. After such threats now I am staying in a rented house but few days earlier they even came to my rented house and there also they are threatening me that they will continue such torture with me and will drive me out of my rented house and after that they will take to my own house and then they will severely torture me. Sir now my age is 28 years fully adult girl I have completed my masters in agriculture and also doing job now and even not demanding any financial assistance from the family . Sir after suffering such violence since my adolescence now I am strongly unwilling to keep any further relationship with family and want peac
Answers (5)

Answer #1
831 votes
File an FIR ; and you can file an complain before protection officer at collectorate. You can file directly a case at jmfc . You have ever and equal rights. Consult an advocate for support. ...
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
638 votes
You have to weigh value of yr life and peace vis- a-vis property u will get as one of the share holder.lets say u go for legal action and provision are there but you may face the same coercive action from family members .so u have to become strong in your attitude and discuss with someone whom u can trust before stepping for legal action .
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
834 votes
You can file a case against all the persons those who are responsible for the alleged torture and pray for protection of your life and property under the law .If you are under BBSR or Cuttack jurisdictions,may contact me for such legal action.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
822 votes
You may file complain against your family members for the torture mentally or physically done by your family members. . Or you may lodge fir against them for the criminal act against you but what is the intention behind it.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #5
866 votes
Dear Madam,
you clearly mentioned domestic violence occurred by your family. But you did not write what suggestion you want from us.You are a educated lady and also detailed go through the DV ACT.Then why not you take proper action against your family through court of law .Do not tolerate this type of injustice against you.Raise your voice against the violence.You take the assistance of a lawyer to file the domestic violence case against the family members and also you can write your complain to the chairperson State women commission for amicable settled the matter between you and your family.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."