Want to marry other person but husband is not giving divorce

I am a Hindu lady married to a Muslim man in 2007.i filed 498a case against him in 2013 n still it is going in court.from 2013 i am separately living with my kid of 5y old now in different city. He is not willing to give divorce.can i now marry a unmarried man who is willing to accept my kid also

Answers (2)

90 votes

As you said that their is a case going on so till you get divorce you can't marry other person. And be careful enough to remarry as it is not easy to accept other persons children. It is against law if you remarry without getting divorce from your first husband. Call us through website for assistance

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

113 votes

If your marriage is registered under special marriage act, then you should file for divorce prior to your second marriage.. if your first marriage is not registered under special marraige act, then the first marriage is illegal and you can marry second time without waiting for formal divorce

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."