Want to claim over husband's property after his death

my sister husband death and his all property in name of his father in law and my siister is remarried so it right to my sister child on his father property or not and second thing she is claim mannatnce for his dauther

Answers (2)

78 votes

Yes Children have right over the property of their father / grandfather. They can also claim maintenance from their grandfathers after the death of their father.
Ask your sister to file maintenance case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

173 votes

As your sister remarried, she hasn't any right over his first husbands property.

If the properly is self acquired then her children haven't any right over her father in laws property. Otherwise her children would have.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."