Sisters husband and in laws causing harassment what can I do.

Sir my sister has a flat on her name and her in laws are too greedy and they want my sister should transfer it to their name and her husband is also supporting his parents and sometime he also brutally abuse my sister and not giving any money for her survival along with her children .what i should do please suggest ?

Answers (4)

287 votes

Dont be afraid, nothing will happen, if the in laws harasses your sister then, she can complaint in police station and also can file a complaint in the court under D.V act, and she is not bound in any case to transfer her property to any one.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

245 votes

First of all please do not transfer the property to any one's name. It is a case of domestic violence and cruelty. Please visit the "Crime Against Women Cell" of your area and write a detailed report in the cell.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
152 votes

File a petition before competent court under protection of women from domestic voiolence act for redressal of all grievances. Money for household expenses shall be directed to be paid by her husband and protection order may also be issued against ull treatment.

118 votes

Sir you can ask your sister to file a case of domestic violence on her in laws .. In addition we can also file an application for grant of monthly addition u should file a complaint in the women cell as soon as possible

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."