Sister in law filed false case of DV and asking for money

Hello, My brothers wife has filed DV with 3 names mom and 1 sister. She has filed Dv stating "Mental Emotional and economical reasons.she already filed maintanance case also. My bro has not given divorce yet. In dv she has given proofs of marriage certificates and also an online trasaction which was made to my brother before marriage 2lk..so they r behind my brothers money they using these evidwnces and wants to claim 20 lakhs. They gave all gifts of furniture and all they gave some slips of that. So want to ask what are the chances to fight this case.they gave everything voluntarly and now when things or situation changed they r bouncing back so can u suggest hiw can this be delt. We havent forced there family for any money or anything but they r dragging everthing and ladies. Please help

Domestic Violence case is with respect to any violence or harassment against her for money. The slips of the money transactions which were at the time of marriage are of no avail to them. NOthing to worry, You can contest the case on various other grounds.

Maintenace case and Domestic violence are different aspects and one does not bar the other to file the case. Unless and untill ur brothers wife is reamrried she can file any case for Maintenece; even if divorce is granted...MC is being filed under the provisions of Criminal procedure code and if u fail to pay the MAintence u may be send to jail. But DVC is only a relief.

Dear,

Your brother, mother and sister may need to contest the DV case and prove themselves innocent and get the case dismissed. The chances of winning the case depends upon the circumstances of the case and also on various factors. You have to have evidences to negate the allegations of your sister-in-law. Engage a lawyer having experience in family matters and contest the case.