Sister in law deny to sign on LIC papers against daughter's benefits

04-May-2023 (In Family Law)
Dear Sir/ Mam, My elder brother has died few months ago and now my sis in law decided to get married once again and left our home.We have only his daughter kajal as his memory at our home. Brother started lic on the name of himself and the nominee is my sis in law. Now after the death of my brother,we want to get all the benefits on the name of kajal as her mother has left our home and broken all the relation with us. But sis in law has denied to sign on lic papers and denied to break it on the name of her daughter kajal. Help us
Answers (2)

Answer #1
511 votes
Dear Friend, Please note that your sister in law is a nominee in the LIC which do not entitle her to absorb the money for her sole use but it the daughter and her mother too who are legal heirs of your deceased brother. Please note that you are not eligible for that money under any circumstances till the legal heirs are alive.
In case your niece is major she can send a legal notice and file a case on declare succession certificate with an injunction so that she cannot withdraw the amount. In case the niece is a minor you can fight for her rights.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
872 votes
You have to file case against the mother of the agrieved child for appointment of Guardianship for rhe beneficiaries acrue on behalf of the minor and the movable and immovable need to contact with me immediately for remedies and further details...
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."