Sister-in-law causing family problems. What are my available options ?

We are 2 brothers. I got married and everything was fine, and 2 years later my brother got married and since then we have been having a lot of problems because of my brothers wife. She is careless, disrespectful and very arrogant. Her mother keeps harassing us by saying we are not taking care and are partial towards my wife. I need help.

Answers (3)

142 votes

Sit all family members together and discuss each other to sort our the differences why you people think that she is arrogant and disrespectful and what made her behave with you people like that. What exactly the problem between you people you ask directly to her in a normal way without fighting with her if you people think you are completely correct and fair with her. The solution is to speak to each other and solve the differences in a possible manner.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

185 votes

Better you both reside seperately. This only suitable solution. To think the worst, your brother's sister may file a false dowry harrasment case against all of you. You cannot change mentality of such people.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
165 votes

Does your brother gel along well with his wife ? If he does, then one way of solving the problem is to have a separate place of residence for them - if he also has problems with his wife and not just you, other alternatives has to be looked into

--- Advocate C V Srinivasa

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."