Sister-in-law causing family problems. What are my available options ?

We are 2 brothers. I got married and everything was fine, and 2 years later my brother got married and since then we have been having a lot of problems because of my brothers wife. She is careless, disrespectful and very arrogant. Her mother keeps harassing us by saying we are not taking care and are partial towards my wife. I need help.

Sit all family members together and discuss each other to sort our the differences why you people think that she is arrogant and disrespectful and what made her behave with you people like that. What exactly the problem between you people you ask directly to her in a normal way without fighting with her if you people think you are completely correct and fair with her. The solution is to speak to each other and solve the differences in a possible manner.

Better you both reside seperately. This only suitable solution. To think the worst, your brother's sister may file a false dowry harrasment case against all of you. You cannot change mentality of such people.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli