Sister got married with already married man and now he left her

Sir this is a matrimonial issue. My married sister has gone with a person.both are married. Both have children . My sister has her husband still alive. The person with whom my sister has gone has also 6-7 children. His wife is also still alive. Both sides have their objection. We are feeling helpless now sir. What should we do now? Please help religion is muslim.thank you sir.

Answers (2)

239 votes

Need to review the situation with the current laws and age of the individuals involved. Please provide your documents to review the complete details of the case. Please confirm that they have married under the special marriage act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

76 votes

If your sisters husband has left her without any reason and even without divorcing her with sufficient matrimonial maintenance your sister can approach the court Nd get her right she can claim separate residential accommodation as well as maintenance from her husband

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."