Share in the Bank account of my deceased father and mother

my father and mother were retired gov employees having the bank account separately. They expired during 2012 and we 5 (4 sister & self) are the legal heirs and having the legal heir certificate. Now one of my sister refused to sign for the money withdrawal from Bank and rest all (other 4) ready for the account closing of my father & mother with the bank . Please tell me the way to close the account of my father and mother with all our 4 except my one sister .The bank need all need to sign the relevant papers with the affidavit. With one sister refusing to sign in the bank documents . Please tell me the way out......

Answers (3)

Divide the total deposit amount into 5 equal shares and you can approach the bank for the withdrawal of 4/5th of the total deposit amount for the benefit of the four legal heirs leaving one share for the benefit of the sister who refused to sign. if there is no will or nominees named by your parents and if the bank refuses to accept your proposal, you can file a civil suit for the withdrawal of the deposit amount due to you as legal heirs of your parents

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Sir / mam
If there is no nomination in bank account then the family members need to file legal heir certificate or succession certificate to claim the amount in general ... In your case if one refuses to sign then you need file a suit against them

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Jointly you all 4 send a representation to the bank stating you are the legal hiers and want to close the account but the 5 th sister is unwilling to close the account. Request to split the amount into 5 portions and give the 4 shares to you 4. Bank is expected to respond to your request,if they insist for you 5 to raise the request together, then you need to file civil suit against the bank and your sister.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Dear Sir, A 125 Maintenance Case filed and i am paying maintenance of rs 10000 from last 5 Year, she is well educated and not working enjoying life a…

Read More

Hi, One advise needed, My quash date for 498a FIR is on 2nd April, but police submitted chargesheet in lower court on 23rd march 2018 after 1.5 years …

Read More

Due to my husband's mis behavior with his parents,my in-laws approached police station and police has said to us to vacate the house as it belongs…

Read More

if Mother is married and wanted to take son to his native place to attain marriage ceremony but father is not allowing so she can take son directly fr…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue