Rights of daughter of first wife of deceased against 2nd wife

My father died recently in a car accident. I am the only living child [Daughter] of my Father from his 1st wife. After, my mother's death my father married another lady which is presently alive. My father was currently on government job and own various property. I want to know about my legal right in job and various properties against the living wife of my father. PS: I am married now.

Answers (2)

179 votes

Hi, I am sorry for the tragic event that occurred. I hope you're doing well now. Certainly there are different rights that you possess. Recently there have been amendments which also favour acquisition by the daughter. We would need more information from you though. I suggest you to avail our consultancy services and we will help you in the best way.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

113 votes

Dear Madam,
Every Child under Hindu law irrespective of being a girl or a boy, legitimate, illegitimate and from any wife has equal rights to inherit property through his father.
If your father had separate property and died without a will then the property shall be equally divided among all his children, his current legal wife and his mother if alive. And if property is ancestral only you and your step siblings will have an equal share excluding wife and mother.
For further queries, contact -
Adv. Pury
Please RATE my profile.if you are satisfied with the answer.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."