Respondent didnot appear on 1st hearing how to proceed now

My sister filed for divorce after 1 year of marriage as she found her husband having extramarital affair and tortured her for money. last week it was first hearing as appearance but the boy's side didnot turn up. We doubt they will never turn up. How do we know whether the notice had reached or how could we make him appear in the court.

Sir/ Madam

If you want to see the notice is served or not, please visit the court office and request for case worker. he will inform you.

Normally the details/tracking of the notice will be noted in the order sheet of the case. Defiantly there will be note with regard to the serving of notice . IF the notice is served it will be also mentioned in the order sheet.

If notice is not served then court may direct of fresh notice. Please confirm the same by verifying the order sheet.

Moreover if the notice is duly served on the respondent and the respondent remained absent, then the court will place him exparte and proceed with your matter.

In case if your sister really want his presence in the court, please go for other alternative method of serving notice as prescribed under the Code of Civil Procedure.

U can enquire from your lawyer whether notice has been served to your sister's husband or not or else wait for next date of hearing, u will come to know about service of notice on him. If he does not turn up u have to take further steps.

Do not worry about it wewe u have filed the divorce case that all isimportant and watv hauve ubfirst issued the legal notice that all s important and wat is the u have done after the reciepir of legal notice