Remedy for mother to get benefit of father's retirement amount & PF

Hello Can my mom get my dad's retirement amount? Gpf, pf, etc which he will get in a bulk?? They aren't divorced but he doesn't give or treat us properly. Can we go legally abt this?

Answers (2)

117 votes

your mother can claim your dad's retirement amount by filing for maintenance u/s125 Cr.P.C or under section 22 of domestic violence act.
It is not necessary to file for divorce so as to claim maintenance u/s 125 CrPC or monetary relief u/s22 of domestic violence case.
All we need to do is to prove cruelty and not taking care of wife by husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

311 votes

Whether he treats you and your mother properly or not your father's retirement benefits would go to him only and he is sloe beneficier of and your mother having option that the charge may create for maintenance aganist the amount.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."