Query regarding inter religion marriage

How to marry a Muslim boy with Hindu girl legally....what is actual age for girl to marry as per act

Answers (3)

109 votes

If u want to marry a Muslim boy then u musr fulfil the following requirements...
1 Girl must be major 18 or above
2 Girl must be a Muslim by accepting Islam officially...

First step would be accepting Islam and then both can marry...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

178 votes

The legal marriage age is 18 years for a girl,21 for a boy in our country,you may marriage as your wish,that means as per Hindu custom or Muslim,other wise you may prefer register marriage through any sub registrar office near to you

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
285 votes


The boy and the girl can marry as per both of their respective religion rites and customs and get their marriage registered under the Special Marriage Act with the marriages sub-registrar's office of jurisdiction. The permissible age of the girl to marry is 18 years ( i.e., the girl should complete 18 years) before she could marry.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."