×

Query regarding court marriage

Hi, My age is 29( I am Sikh) and the girl age is 22( She is Hindu), we both are from Delhi and want to do court marriage. If we do court marriage, does any kind of notice will be sent to our homes?

No notice will be sent to your parents/ homes.
Notice shall be given to the Marriage Officer by the parties to the marriage. The said notice is then published.
The notice is then affixed on some part of the premises where one of the party resides.

In normal circumstances no notice will be sent to your parents. But in case Registrar feels suspicious about the marriage, he has the power to send notices to your respective homes. They also put notice notice about marriage for 30 days on the office board. If no objection is raised then ,they will allow you to do court marriage but if objection is raised, first that objection should be cleared.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Q. Hi, My age is 29( I am Sikh) and the girl age is 22( She is Hindu), we both are from Delhi and want to do court marriage. If we do court marriage, does any kind of notice will be sent to our homes?

Ans. A big no

No notice will be sent. Just a reminder of the appointment date is sent on the phone number you provide to the registrar's office. It mostly takes 1 month time to complete the process and receive the certificate. But you can apply for urgency in case you need to get it done immediately.

You have two options :
1. Marriage in Arya Samaj Mandir then Registration of marriage. In this case no notice will sent to your home. It will take 2-3 days.
2. Marrige under Special Marriage Act at Registrar Office as per your address. In this case notice may be sent to your homes. It will take more than 1 month.

For more details you can contact me.