Property settlement after death of mother

We are 4 Hindu brothers (no sister). Our house, built by parents, was on the name of my mother who has expired in Jan2018. She was also owning a plot. All the brothers sat together and decided I will pay a certain amount to two brothers and get the house. The plot will be given to the fourth brother. 1. Please advise the simplest (with low stamp duty) way to achieve this settlement. 2. Obviously, we want that in future no one should face any legal problem if we try to sale the properties. 3. The brothers who will get money or their heirs must not create any legal problem later. Thanks in advance.

Answers (2)

312 votes

आपका मकान और प्लाट किस क्षेत्र में स्थित है, यह नगरीय क्षेत्र की सीमा में हैं या ग्रामीण और किस राज्य में स्थित है l कृपया यह जानकारी दें तभी वहां के स्थानीय कानून के अनुसार मैं आपको सही राय दे पाउँगा l

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

337 votes

You can file succession case at the nearest civil court with all your four brothers the court will be record to all of brothers statement and will be order for dividation of your property then you all will be legal owner of this property.
Contact to Advocate.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."