Property dispute along with threatening to kill

In Family Law
I am 31 years old and I have a brother 36 living along with mother 59. My father passed away leaving a will and we share my father house floor wise. My brother has bipolar disorder and always keeps threatening my mother and me. He even tried to kill me multiple times and a case of 307 has been registered against him. Even after the case registered, he tries to kill me with stick , rod and i have to run to save my life. Things have become so worse that I am getting suicidal tendency. My mother wants me to leave the house so that my life gets saved. My priority is to keep myself safe without leaving my house as I dont have anywhere else to go. Due to stress I am getting suicidal thoughts. Need direction what to do.

Answers (2)

145 votes

sir what is the age of your mother of your mother is about 60 years we can get an injunction order against you brother through RDO which is summary remedy but you need to tell me where you reside call me so that i can help you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

158 votes

Approach the civil court and get an order of injunction, restraining your brother from interfering with yourself and with your property.

you can also make a representation to the concerned police seeking police aid.

you can also approach state women rights commission and also state human rights commission for your personal protection.

for any further queries you may contact.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."