Procedure to take maintenance from husband if unable to stay togeather

06-Apr-2023 (In Family Law)
Sir, I'm a house wife and spent around 18 years in my marriage life. Since last 4 years I have been sexually harassed by my husband. After several arguments with my family members I compromised for my times and now I don't want to live anymore with him as the things got worse. Yesterday also we had an arguments and he don't want he don't want to help me and my children financially anymore. Can I get my rights if I go legally give me some suggestions
Answers (2)

Answer #1
536 votes
As you said that he is not giving money for maintenance you can file case for domestic violence against your husband. You and your children will be entitled for separate accommodation and maintenance from your husband. Call us through website for assistance
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
550 votes
Yes.. you can file maintenance under sec. 125 crpc.. You have been harassed by your husband many years with small proofs can be filed.. If he is an employee,directly deducts from his salary .. even he is an Any other businessman/ job holder if he not paid arrest warrant will be issued by the court..
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."