Procedure to separate from family

hi i want to know about seperation process from family i am 24 years old gril reason is i am not agree with famiy decision of my life.

Answers (4)

261 votes

you being a girl have nothing much to get separated,
You are major and can separate from your family, but be aware you can not claim any property which is self earned by your father or mother, you can not claim any monthly maintenance from your family , you are protected in the family out of family you have to be secure by your self and has to have decent accommodation.
Your difference with your family may be on certain issues but just give a thought what benefit you are getting from them.
I advice you unless you have a separate accommodation and decent income ,do not think of separation. If you are married then you can not without proper legal grounds or divorce separate from family.
if unmarried you can there is no legal impediment.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

233 votes

You are 24years old girl and you don't have any right in your familys property so you want you can start earning on your own and get separated. Hon'ble High Court held in its decision recently that children does not have any right on Thier parents property if they don't want to give neither can you ask them to pay any thing.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
62 votes

Your query needs more clarity to be replied accurately .What kind of separation are you looking for and by family if you mean husband and children then more details and facts are required. In general if you are asking about staying separate from parents then there is no process legally as you have the right to live your life with liberty which also means making your own decisions .

299 votes india der is no provision in law for emancipation unlike in Western countries india even if u attain majority ..der is nothing in law vch make u legally independent nd separate from ur family for legal social restriction.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."