Procedure to marry a muslim boy without intimating his parents

i am a hindu male and me and my muslim partner want to marry in court....without any prior information to her muslim parents...because if they will knew they will not allow us to marry....please give me an advice for this..

Answers (3)

208 votes

Inter-religion marriages are under purview of Special Marriage Act 1954 in India. In this Act powers to solemnize any inter religious marriage are with the Marriage registrar or Marriage Officer in that state . They will notify the notice to entertain any objection if raised by some one. If both the partners are adult then after considering all the objections if any, facts, evidences collected by the court can passed marriage certificate to that couple. If one of any partner can change his religion then that couple simply apply for marriage registration after solemnize the marriage before the marriage registrar. In few states marriage registrations powers given to ADM city in few Nagar Nigam and Nagar Palikas and in few states to SDM it depends you are in which state.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

310 votes

you are hindu male and your muslim partner want to marry in court....without any prior information to her muslim parents. are you both are mature?? means 21 years of boy and 18 years of girl and you have any documented proof of age

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
314 votes

You can go to the marriage registrar and can get marry...take 2 witnesses with you who are adult and knows both of you for the signature on register and happy married life in advance. You can ask me if you need any assistance

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."