Procedure to marry a girl in sapinda relationships

Respected Sir/ Madam, May I know is there any solution of Sapinda relationship and I want to marry my father`s sister`s daughter. We both are ready for marriage but we know our parent will never allow us for this. We are hindu belonging to kayastha caste. If I marry her if her parent fill a F.I.R on me then how can I defend myself?

Answers (2)

304 votes

As per your statement the girl you want to marry is your cousin sister in relation so its obvious hat ur parents will never allow u to marry but if u both have finally decided to get marry and will get marry in future ,and as u said u have fear that they will file a complain a complain against u ,then only ur better half's statement can save u if both of u r not minor but are wholly eligible and mature to get marry of ur own consent.
So my personal advice for u is think of it again as it is very crucial matter and if ur cousin is very much confident about ur relationship only then u may go ahead because all depends on her..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

212 votes

Marriage in sapinda relationship is strictly prohibited as per Hindu Marriage Act.
You can take a chance to marry under Special Marriage Act, if permissible. You need to contact an Advocate with your genealogicial table to identify it.
FIR can be defended and you need not worry, provided you both act as per guidance.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."