Procedure to file divorce and proceed with second marriage.

I am in love with another woman who is also married. what can we do as we both love each other

Answers (4)

132 votes


Please contact us personally to discuss the matter in detail as your matter is to be dealt with high precision. Moreover, after complete details, we can provide legal support to you to settle your matter.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

54 votes

If you are already married, then try not to get involved with another married person. It is not only going to have bad results, but is an offence too. Try to make your first marriage work. If not, then only try to seek a divorce by mutual consent, after you talk to each other and settle all your difference in the first marriage. Then only think of a second marriage.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
136 votes

If both of you are Hindu ,then both of you will have to take divorce from your existing spouse under Hindu Marriage Act on the basis of one of the grounds given in Hindu Marriage Act for grant of Divorce by filing divorce petition in the family Court ..If your wife and the husband of other women are willing and ready to give Divorce to each other ,then after remaining seperate from your existing spouse for one year ,you can apply for Divorce by way of mutual consent ,which is granted within 6- 7 months of filing Divorce petition ,subject to fulfillment of some conditions.Under other grounds given in the Act for Divorce ,if divorce petition filed by you is contested by your wife and she objects to your seeking divorce from her ,it takes more time in the Court.If you and other women have children from your existing marriage ,then decesion regarding custody of children will also be required to be taken into consideration .Except in case of divorce by way of mutual consent ,if divorce is granted by the Court on any of the other grounds to both of you , then after waiting for the appeal period ,both you and other women can get married .The reason mentioned by you for seeking divorce is not any ground for grant of divorce .

318 votes

First you both have to filed the divorce petition before concerned court of law
Two options are available to you for filing divorce petition
1. Divorce by mutual consent.
2. A contesting divorce petition
After obtaining the divorce decree u can go for second marriage.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."