Procedure to complaint against husband and his family

How to complaint domestic violence against husband and his family members.sir I am Hindu .

Answers (3)

182 votes

You may approach the welfare officer in your district/ subdivisional head quartet who will help you to file a case under the provisions of P.W.D.V act or else you may directly approach the magistrate with proper format of application. Prior to that you may approach the district legal aid authority for free legal help. If you want to make complaint against your husband and inlaws then you first write a domestic incident report then fill up the format prescribed in the scheduled of the said act . In the said proceeding you will pray for different reliefs like protection, monetary, custody of child, and other reliefs prescribed under section 18,19,20 21. For this you need an advocate for legal assistance. Go for it. Thank u.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

288 votes

Write details of violence physical and mental against you on a plain paper and appear before the protection officer. Who will prepare report and send it to the court or file case in sdjm directly under section 12 of the act

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
274 votes

You apply it in prescribed format in the court of Sub Devisional Judicial Magistrate or before the welfare officer of your district directly in prescribed format given under protection of women from domestic violence act 2005.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."