Procedure to claim maintenance from husband without divorce

My husband drinks daily and comes home.. He's a government employee..He behaves violently at me and my children.. He's not helping financially at home or in children education... I want to claim amount from his salary...How can I proceed.. I don't want to get divorce..

Answers (3)

140 votes

You can make an application before the concerned Family Court by submitting the facts and praying that to direct the Salary Disbursement Officer to transfer the amount required to you and your children every month into your account directly

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

177 votes

Hi you can file maintenance petition S. 125 Cr P C, 1973, and you can get money from by filing in the court, Produce his salary certificate and other evidences then you can win the case, and divorce is different from maintenance so dont worry you can go ahead, further you can call us at any time.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience
75 votes

you can file a maintenance petition(M.C) U/S 125 Cr.p.c in concern family court in your location. and you should get interim maintenance from his salary. and also you have to prove as he is working and drawing salary amount .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Matrimonial . Marriage in 2001, Husband living separately since last 5years due to cruelty by wife.,Due to loss of job husband stopped paying wilful m…

Read More

I had been working in Dubai and my salary was 80k. But now due to the false case of 498a and 377 I had to come India and now I have lost my job and Vi…

Read More

After i had paid half of the amount decided for mutual consent divorce case with my wife . i withdrew form that case and divorce did not happen due to…

Read More

Dear Sir/madam,I got marriage with someone in temple on 2007.and now I have one child.but we don’t have any legal documents or proof of marriage…

Read More