Procedure to cancel court marriage as girl involved with another boy

I am boy and I love a girl we both from Hindu religion. As I love her truely with we submit document in court for marriage.But recently I found her with a other boy involving adultery. So I want to cancel the court marriage , is it possible of I will not present in the date of court marriage , marriage will cancel automatically. Please provide me solution I can not marry a girl who involve in adultery.

Answers (3)

139 votes

If you are not present in the court with your would be then marriage will not happen and the documents filed will be of no effect. But my advice will be to talk to the girl and seek clarification . the new boy may be some close relative also .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

107 votes


If you have just applied for the marriage registration then you do not have to worry. It is not mandatory to complete the marriage registration. If you feel like you are making a mistake and don't want to go ahead with this then you do not have to complete the registration.


Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
127 votes

Marriage will be cancelled if you are not appearing before marriage officer or marriage registrar. But regarding adultry if you are allegeing but you have no prove and you have physical relation with that girl than the girl may file case against you because you promised her to marry before physical relation and she has proff that u r procceding towards marriage also..this way u must have proper protection to defensr yourself. As assurence for marriage along with sextul intetcourse may be fatel for you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."