Possibility to file case by girl's family after the court marriage

I am a Hindu and married my girlfriend who is also Hindu. Both of us are of 23 years. We have obtained the marriage certificate from the court. But the Advocate or the Court has not send any notice to the respective family. Its been 70 days from the date of marriage. Is there any possibility that the girl's parents may file case??

Answers (3)

79 votes

First of all court never gives marriage certificate
Marriage certificate issued by marriage registrar or tehsildar or corporation or gram panchayat etc.
There was no need to spend time.
If u have certificate then u have no worry.
Just confirm what type of certificate u have.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

123 votes

Court is not supposed to send notice.
If your advocate hasn't send it then you may also send it to them.
I would advise you to inform the concern police station about your marriage so that in future parents of girl can't lodge complaint against you before police station

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
110 votes

Dear Sir,

After comprehending and understanding your query, it seems that there are no objections filed pursuant to your marriage. Also, the notice is given before the issuance of the marriage certificate and not after that. In your case, it seems that both of you match the eligibility criteria according to the law, so even if a case is filed against you, you are on a safe footing. This is because both of you are consenting adults and eligible for a marriage. In case an FIR is registered against you, you may approach the High Court for Quashing of the FIR.

Thank you.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."