Parents forcing to get married without permission

Hi... if the parents decided the marriage without their children permission, can sent any legal notice to them? I don\'t want to marry that guy and at the same time i don't want to marry my loved one without my parents permission. I just want to protect myself from the marriage.

Answers (2)

339 votes

I advice you and your parents to take counselling from a Lawyer like me for better understanding of the current marital disputes arising out of misunderstandings rather sending notice as it won’t solve the issue.
But if they force you to marry someone else against your will you may seek the help of a lawyer and police.
Since you want your parents to agree with your decision go smoothly with them. Take a proper family counselling with a lawyer for addressing the issues of forced marriages.
Good luck.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

58 votes

Hello, I appreciate your thoughts that you wanted to marry your loved one with the consent of your parents and at the sametime not willing to accept the one found by your parents. For this you cannot send legal notice but you may tell your parents orally about your concern else you may give one formal complaint to near by police station.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."