Muslim wife living separately.How to convince her to stay with me?

Dear Sir, I have been married for 4 years and have a daughter aged 2 years. For the past 6 months, we are living separately. I am in my house (with parents) & she in her house (with parents). She refuses to come and live with me and we didn't had any communication also. Her parents has changed her mind not to live with me (I think so). Through third persons we contacted them but they refuse to say anything. Is there any thing i can do legally so that i can call my wife to live with me.

Answers (4)

146 votes

Dear sir, Under mohammedan Law a Suit should be filed against your wife for Restitution of Conjugal Rights, If there is any Marriage Contact between you and your wife, based on the same we could approach by way of specific performance of the terms of the marriage contract. Only way through court of law to live with your wife is as said above. Thanks

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

304 votes

Yes, you can file suit to restitution of conjugal rights(seeking direction before court to direct her to come and join with you). Before that issue a notice to her and ask her to come and join with you to lead the marital life.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
160 votes


You can file restitution of conjugal rights which means you can legally call her to live with you through court. She has to give reply to your petition where you will come to know her interest.

84 votes

As per our customary local laws that has been followed by the jamath , you should give a petition to the jamath head regards Reunion with your wife. They also take necessary action for mediation between her and their parents. First you should initiate this process, then every thing will be concluded smoothly

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."