×

Major child entitled to claim maintenance from father

Is a major male child entitled to get maintenance from father.

Hello client,
Firstly I want to know if what circumstances you want to maintenance from your father? Are you unble the earn your income? What is your source of income. ? You can get maintenance from your father /mother, but it has to prove in court why you want to maintenance.

Dear Client,
As per law female child is entitled to claim the maintenance till the female child marries, however in exceptional circumstances the major son may claim maintenance from his father too. There are various ruling of the Hon'ble Court, which supports this view. In case you need any further legal assistance for the same feel free to contact.
Regards,
Tushar Bahadur,
(Advocate),
High Court Lucknow.

Advocate Preeti Joshi