Major child entitled to claim maintenance from father

Is a major male child entitled to get maintenance from father.

Answers (2)

Hello client,
Firstly I want to know if what circumstances you want to maintenance from your father? Are you unble the earn your income? What is your source of income. ? You can get maintenance from your father /mother, but it has to prove in court why you want to maintenance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Client,
As per law female child is entitled to claim the maintenance till the female child marries, however in exceptional circumstances the major son may claim maintenance from his father too. There are various ruling of the Hon'ble Court, which supports this view. In case you need any further legal assistance for the same feel free to contact.
Tushar Bahadur,
High Court Lucknow.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Geetinder Singh
Lawrence Road, Amritsar
8 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

A maintenance CRP case is in proceeding with the family court. The respondent gave a counter that he is ready now to live a happy conjugal life with t…

Read More

Sir I had been suffering from sexual and physical violence from my husband and he ran n left me. N my 6 months old around 5 months back .. During thar…

Read More

To have legal advice as to parents' maintenance…

Read More

Hello sir- dropping this question again since i couldnt get response back due to typo in my email address. In case you have already reverted- could yo…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue