×

Legal rights for equal proportion in property of deceased father

My father had an untimely n sudden death. My mother is holding all assets being the nominee, n currently she is not giving a single penny to me /my daughter bcoz internal friction within family. I have got an elder sister as well who is also married. Can I claim legal rights in equal proportion to all assets of my father. Why if my mom give away the money to others? We are a Hindu family

Sir/Ma'am,

Your have Legal right to the property of your father along with your mother and sister, but if your father has transferred his property to your mother then your mother only will possess such right, but if only nominee you can claim right over the property. To prevent your mother from giving away the money tui others you may contact me immediately for such claims over money and property.

u can file a civil suit against ur mother for the partition of property of ur deceased father.
exception case :
if in ur father bank account, ur mother has nominee then u can not claim the money.
if ur father in his life time made any will for any movable or immovable property in favour of ur mother then u can not file civil suit

but ur father died without any will then u can file for the right of equal share from ur mother.

for better suggestion u can contact me

Advocate Preeti Joshi

If the property document is your father's name then try to settle the natter by way of partition deed otherwise you can file a partition suit before the court.
But without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

You can immediately file a suit for injunction before the appropriate forum and seek for interim injunction till disposal of the case and no transactions can be made until case is disposed of and everything can be halted for indefinite period.