Legal rights for equal proportion in property of deceased father

My father had an untimely n sudden death. My mother is holding all assets being the nominee, n currently she is not giving a single penny to me /my daughter bcoz internal friction within family. I have got an elder sister as well who is also married. Can I claim legal rights in equal proportion to all assets of my father. Why if my mom give away the money to others? We are a Hindu family

Answers (4)

59 votes


Your have Legal right to the property of your father along with your mother and sister, but if your father has transferred his property to your mother then your mother only will possess such right, but if only nominee you can claim right over the property. To prevent your mother from giving away the money tui others you may contact me immediately for such claims over money and property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

172 votes

u can file a civil suit against ur mother for the partition of property of ur deceased father.
exception case :
if in ur father bank account, ur mother has nominee then u can not claim the money.
if ur father in his life time made any will for any movable or immovable property in favour of ur mother then u can not file civil suit

but ur father died without any will then u can file for the right of equal share from ur mother.

for better suggestion u can contact me

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience
184 votes

If the property document is your father's name then try to settle the natter by way of partition deed otherwise you can file a partition suit before the court.
But without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

129 votes

You can immediately file a suit for injunction before the appropriate forum and seek for interim injunction till disposal of the case and no transactions can be made until case is disposed of and everything can be halted for indefinite period.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Dear Lawyers, I need advice for the below situation. Sorry for the long paragraph My grandfather died in March 2015. He had two wives, with 1st wife (…

Read More

Harassment on me & my wife by my mother and brother. Threatening us on every 10 days to leave the house. My house is in my father and mother's…

Read More

Hi dear sir Am jalamma my problem is my parents have only one house we are 4 girls and 1 boy here problem is my brother didn't see my parents and …

Read More

Mere father expire ho gaye hai aur meri mother mere chote bhai ke saath 2nd floor par shift ho gayi hai. Mere house ka rent aata hai jo ki meri mother…

Read More