Legal remedies for couple whose parents are against their marriage

07-May-2023 (In Family Law)
I wanted to know that if me and my boyfriend marry each other and seek protection from my father from High Court then if something happens to my husband will my father be punished? Suppose he didn’t hurt my husband directly but made someone else do it.
Answers (3)

Answer #1
539 votes
Ye to Lazmi h ki agar aapke Husband ke sath kuch hota h to investigation aapke family member par jayegehi.
Hunband ke ghar wale directly Aapke family member ke khilaf FIR kara sakte hain ki unhone crim kiya h.
Answer #2
729 votes
Your question is purely hypothetical but supposing that after marriage your father may take some drastic step against your husband either directly or indirectly and in such a situation you will have to file an FIR against your father for his involvement and prove it before the court. All this depends after commission of crime. There is no remedy in High Court that you could forewarn your father regarding this. Try to make him come around and if this does not work go ahead and marry your bf and leave the rest to God. And yes before marrying make sure that your bf is genuine caring and earning enough to maintain you. Be warned that the initial euphoria dies down after a year or 2 of marriage and after that the real test of life begins. So be independent also.
Answer #3
698 votes
to seek protection you should file an FIR against your father and then ask the police to provide you protection, you can also seek a direction from the high court to provide you protection, no action can be taken against your father without conducting a investigation, you should take a legal consultation to get a more thorough legal advice.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."