Legal procedure to quash 498 A order in high court

Hi, One advise needed, My quash date for 498a FIR is on 2nd April, but police submitted chargesheet in lower court on 23rd march 2018 after 1.5 years of FIR. We have very good grounds for quashing. Does that chargesheet submission impact quashing in High Court

Answers (3)

295 votes

Hello, firstly it is necessary to present before hon'ble high court with clean hand. If you have Law point for quashing then try to chargesheet quash. Don't try to keep dark side to the court. Then there is merit definitely you will get justice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

57 votes

Dear Client,
Your advocate needs to inform court that chargesheet is filed and accordingly pray for amendment of writ petition.
Further If the fir 498a is based upon law points, you advocate can pray for stay on the trail proceedings.

Expert Jurist LLP

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
69 votes

Respected Sir,
Yes it can effect quashing to a certain extent we delay in investigation is a good ground post which they filed chargesheet. If you prove your case that there is no case made out of it and this proceeding is just held by your wife to give mental harrassment they you may succeed.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."