Legal action against husband for having extra marital affairs

Hi , My work place is 50 km from home .Recently I got to know that my husband is having affaire with his colegue & she is also married .After I went to office , some times they are meeting in our house & some times my husband going to her house.I have video recording showing my husband & her lady colegue entering in to my house in the afternoon time .Is this video evidence enough to prove illegal affair ?.I read some where saying that even if we caught them red handedly in my house in the day time ,as per law its not treated as illegal affair is this true .what are other evidence needed to prove illegal affair .One more I don't have sexual relationship with him from past 6 months ,Is this point will help my husband to defend illegal relation or ask for divorce ? .

Answers (3)

274 votes

Your video recording about your husband illegal affair with other lady is certainly a ground of cruelty for your divorce. He is neglecting you also as you said that you have no sexual relation with him since 6months also a ground.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

184 votes

Adultery is the genuine ground. For grant of divorce. I advise you to contact your husbands lady colleague's husband and bring it to his notice for proper action to be taken. That would help you with your case.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience
280 votes

Apart from the evidence in your hand; your version is to be corroborated with other independent witnesses ( probably ur neighbours witnessing your husband and his girl friend entering into your house in your absence ) if the husband of your husband's GF files the car against your husband andi his wife it makes a good move andi basing on such evidence u can seek divorce.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Actually me n my husband staying separately.. He left for silly reason. I want him back.. His parents also provoking him to leave me.. He is blocked m…

Read More

Sir I and my wife had decided to separate and did a notary but somehow filing for divorce decree was left pending. It's 5 months now.Even after re…

Read More

Step dad has been abusing my mother and we need protection against him. But my mom is not likely to have a divorce with him because my sister is 14 ye…

Read More

Can a man live in with another woman without divorcing his first wife? They live seperately and his wife told that she will not give legal problems if…

Read More