Jurisdiction regarding filing for mutual divorce

05-Apr-2023 (In Family Law)
I am Hindu married to a Hindu wife and we both consent for a divorce..we belong to Orissa Bhubaneswar. Do we need to file divorce in Orissa or Karnataka??
Answers (2)

Answer #1
627 votes
Divorce petition can be filed where the marriage has took place or where you resided last address, now if you residing in Karnatak then you can file in whose Jurisdiction you are residing in Karnataka
Helpful? LawRato LawRato


Answer #2
649 votes
if you are settled in Karnataka, you can file in family court here. you have an equal chance to file in Orissa as well as the family law give you the flexibility to file the separation application in place of your residence or place of marriage
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."