Is there a special procedure to marry a divorcee?

I am a hindu, want to marry a divorcee woman, who having a child of 14yrs and she is 4years elder than me as per documentation. We are having 10years relationship and the child called me father. What is the procedure?

Go and get Special marriage. The Registrar asked for submit the Decree Copy of said Divorce and if she have copy of Decree of Divorce then it is no problem to marry her. After it you can arrange social marriage also. There is no problem as per law.

No there was no problem to get marry, if the lady already obtained the decree of divorce from the court, may be the lady elder then u can marry her , if u both are major in age and most simple way to get marry is go to the marriage registrar and register your marriage .

Sir,

There is of course no impediment in marrying a divorcee, only that you register your marriage under special marriage act through a marriage registrar.

The only thing that is necessary is adopting the child through court, which is necessary for the child and you. You may contact me for further procedure.

You can marry the woman and you need to adopt the child through a registered adoption deed for which you need to have NOC from both of his biological parents. But in my opinion without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

You did not mentioned to which community does the lady belongs to. Assuming her to be hindu you can marry her as per Hindu Law and you can also marry her under special marriage act. Even if she is not a hindu you can marry her under Special Marriage Act