Is Live-in relationship with minor an offence if happens with consent

Is a live-in relationship between a major boy and a minor girl considered as an offence if it is with the consent of both parties' parents on the promise of marriage once the girl attain legal age? Religion in question is Hindu.

Answers (2)

215 votes

Any relation with a minor girl is not legally recognized even if both the parents approve.
So it is better to avoid any kind of relationships(including live in relationship, Consensual sex etc ) with a MINOR Girl even if both the parents whole heartedly approve.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

246 votes

Generally under Hindu law. If both parties and their parents are consenting for such marriage is validate subject to Hindu custom. It is better to marry at the age of 18 years as it reduces hassle. The girl consent is requested.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."