Is it legal to marry my mothers cousin

Can I marry my mother's cousin i.e he is my mother's father's sister's son.. does this marriage is considered to be legal under hindu marriage act.. i really love this guy and I'm in love with this guy from past 5 years I'm 25 now and I'm a Hindu..

You can legal marriage under special marriage act 1956. But no any prohibited family rules. Your registration is can not Hindu marriage act but indian special marriage act 1956.

From: Atul c. Faldu, Advocate

Mam,

Answering your query, the marriage with your cousin i.e "Sapinda" is not considered to be legal under the Hindu Marriage Act. The only recourses you have is to marry as per Special Marriage Act which does not prohibit a marriage as such.