Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Husband remarry while mutual divorce proceeding still pending

Husband and wife have done agreement on mutual but they have been given date after six months so can husband remarry another girl

Answers (3)

No........ Both are not eligible for second marriage...... Until they get legally divorce from family court...... Even they hv done agreement on mutual................ ..............................

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Before the dissolution of Marriage no one can be allowed to marry even a mutual compromise has been done but although a petition is pending and this is prohibited by law . Person can be prosecuted for bigamy in ipc 494

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

As per your above said query, nighter husband nor wife can marriage, untill the court issue decree of divorce , you now after the period of 6 month you and your husband will appear before court and record their statement.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

This is Laukik currently working in Bangalore and family belongs to wardha. I wife who is working @ pune has filed 498a in 2013 and the court given ju…

Read More

What legal action can be taken in India against a father who emotionally traumatises his children with threats, verbal abuse and other forms of non-ph…

Read More

Hi, My husband has an affair with a foreigner and his plans are to run away with her and get settled in another country by marrying this girl. I have …

Read More

My brother got married to a lady and she is saying to leave his mother and send her away from the house and she is not cooperating with him. Now it is…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue